Monday, July 14, 2014

Traveling to S. Paris Maine

When in doubt... bring your passport. Famous last words when asked if I had my passport to fly from Air Canada to Toronto, then Toronto to Boston... "Nope, 'cause I've got an Enhanced Licence!"
 Turns out, you do need your passport. I was pulled aside at every airport-related stop along the way. Most everyone didn't know what to do and just had to deduce that I would probably be ok because I'm a US citizen and they'd probably have to let me in. I'm not sure if they had to in the end, but they did. WHEW! Once in the US again, I caught my bus to Portland, ME.
From there, I got on the "Barn's" shuttle with the driver and another fella named Adam (a half-marathon runner, whoot!). About an hour later we arrive! Travel time from Anacortes to the Barn was about 20 hours (thanks for Chauffeur-ing me Wren!). Della's a tired ducky when she arrives.
I get my stuff in my shared room, meet my roommate Majoline (who'se awesome), get a tour of the place, take a shower, shop for breakfast and snack things (lunch and dinner are provided) with a nice gal named Monica, everyone else arrives and we eat lasagna, salad, veggies and quinoa... yum!
 We have our first bunch of exercises from 8-10:30 (name games, tell your partners' story, contact movement game, sing a song about one person in your group, and a solo task of... in 10 minutes, taking what, as a kid, you dreamed of growing up to be, your favorite book, and what you like to do on stage and put them together for a quick performance. There are a plethora of costumes to play with and everyone did something fun, insightful and interesting. I wanted to be a firefighter, i love the comics and recently an improv book, and I like using an accent and pretending to be sexy on stage. I did a rope trick with a "fire hose", improvised dialogue as I stripped from my firefighter gear with "wet" hair tossing, and juggled babies I saved from the "fire" while speaking with an accent. It was fun, and I especially liked the concept of taking 3 seemingly unrelated things and trying to tie them together. Day one. This is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment