Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 4 at the Barn!

Day 4.
Movement and Breath is the focus for the morning exercises (Monica and Michaela). The gist is to move when you breathe in or out, and don't move when you're not breathing. We worked with partners and eventually made a sequence of movements together and changed only where we look, the tempo, and the space between us. We watched some, and it was so drastic the effect each change made on the feeling of the scene.

I more and more know that I want to create a solo show, and this experience is showing me ways where I actually believe it is possible. We worked on our pieces again, so me and the moustache song, and showed them to the group. I tried a new thing with peeling off my moustache and hair by hair proclaming, you love me, you love me not. Then I made a heart of whipped cream (from taking it off my face) on a napkin for the audience. It went fine, but will definitely put more time into it.

 FYI: the meals at the barn are amazing. Here is a homemade pizza from dinner tonight!
 I got to experience the famous "Whoopie Pie" in Maine! And what a treat it ... er, they, were!
The end of the night we did Harangs. One minute to come out and try anything. I tried waiting for a bathroom then caughing and appearing as I wet myself. I tried playing with the fans as dusters that, oopsie, I realize are fans. I tried using a mask with a long nose and slowly making myself sneeze (I learned this one from Chipps!). It was scary, but quite fun. Especially since they were for only one minute. Davis says we'll do them more, as they're great for creating material... which is one of the many reasons I'm here! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment