Friday, November 22, 2013

Panama Comin' Home

Wren and I are just finishing up our warm, interesting, fun 6 days in Panama. Here are some random nightcaps. Like seeing this building, a Frank Gehry design (he designed the EMP in Seattle).
One adventure was taxiing to the Metropolitan Natural Park. We din't end up going in because the price was out of our range, so we decided to walk back. At one point Wren steers us in a direction and I suggest it might not be safe. He assures me it's fine. Not 2 minutes later, 4 police walk up to us and inform us (in Spanish, so I can't really understand so Wren is translating for me) that the area is not safe, and they will walk us through the area and then drive us themselves to our hostel. Wren passes on the police ride (to which I astonishingly reply, "What?! That would have been awesome!" They flag down our taxi, and we make it home safe.
On another walk, it starts raining at an angle! Notice the dry side of the tree? Well, there was somehow no dry side of me, but once the rain let up, the heat went back to work, and we were almost completely dry once we reached the hostel.
On one of our walks, we saw this metal seamstress.
During our adventures we try and take awesome pictures... this ones a winner in my book.
The morning we left we caught a 5:15am taxi, had three flights which included 4 security checks (one stop included two checks!), encountered a meat-sniffing dog (like the kind that look for drugs) whose owner confiscated wrens sausage and lunch, one screening took my fork, I had a pat-down, and we almost missed one of the two connecting flights! Finally we are on our last flight to Portland. This is a happy Wren.
Once in Portland, its FREEZING BALLZ! We have to take a shuttle to the tram, then wait 20 minutes for a bus (where I pillage my clothes and put on another pair of pants, and wrap 3 shirts around my head because it's FRAAZING BALLZ!), then walk 10 minutes to my van, and drive 20 minutes to Andrews house. Whew! Total travel time was 19.5 hours! Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment