Monday, December 24, 2018

Twas the Night Before Xmas 2018

Twas the night before x-mas
And we're in someone else's house
Watching a fat goat, a tiny pony,
And three dogs, but no mouse.

Our many "adopted" animals
Show us they care
With face licks and tail wags
And insure we're covered in their hair.

This house sits by a lake
So we paddled out the boat
The air is crisp and chilly
But I've got my muffies and coat.

The end of the year
Every time has me thinkin'
About how quickly time flies
While I'm just here blinkin'.

A year of such wonder
Full of great wins and great loss
Life shows it's spectrum
Like an almighty boss.

The good things around me
Are in numerous piles
Like my and Wren's family
And great friends who bring us smiles.

So much to be excited for
 In this 2019 year
Travel and adventure
Await us with good cheer.

It's time we settle down
for the evening together
Just me, Wren and the pooches
Like birds of an inter-species feather

Why sleep on the floor, they think
When they can join us in our bed
Surely there's room
For all these legs and heads?

Here's to a jolly good holiday
Full of love and light
May your days be warm and merry
And your future be sweet and bright.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment