Sunday, March 9, 2014

Improv class

This year one of my to-do's was to take an improv class. So I signed up at the Upfront theatre and got a Bellingham Circus Guild discount! How sweet of them! I've been enjoying the classes, and believe they are helpful, rewarding, and inspiring for anyone, not just performers. Here are the rules:
1. Say yes... and (listen)
2. Make your partner look good
3. Make mistakes
It is all about supporting your team members, playing, and saying yes, I love it. So I jumped in on a fun opportunity the first night of class and stayed to be a player in their show Dynamo; a game where you gain points over the time of the show, and slowly people get nicely removed, and the last with most points is the Dynamo! I made it to the penultimate round! It was all super fun and everyone was helpful and nice. Here's a photo (I'm number 2!) from my friend Nick Lewis who just happened to be there.
I sure hope to have more improv in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment