Monday, July 8, 2013

Workin' Towards Oregon Country Fair

This year I decided that bringing a meaningful, well-rehearsed show to Country Fair was worth driving to California for. It also included living in my van and working with two other essentially "homeless" people. Those two, Shan and Alex, were both couch-sitting or briefly house-sitting over the duration of our month of show-creation. It did allow me to see much of Oakland, San Fran, and Berkely, which was more beautiful than I had imagined. Between the three of us, we occupied 8 dwelling units over a 30-day period. Here is the first place Shan was at... complete with Luke the dog!
 This photo may be representative of the ways in which we individually held it together for the show.
A typical post-rehearsal moment.
 And finally, here's an example of one of the best reasons to be a third wheel... 
Making a show can be so fun, yet so challenging. This adventure is probably something I will choose not to do again under previously stated "homeless" and travel purposes. In figuring travel to San Fran and back, rehearsal and random things not counting food it was at minimum $210 (hooray for Craigslist rides!). This did not count the $600 fuel pump I put in while there and a month of my time. The Fair paid out $290 plus $106 in tips equaling a whopping $396. I do feel like we created the show I was hoping for, and these photos will always remind me of the fun non-rehearsal times we had, and just how absolutely rediculous Shan and Alex are. Yay for that! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment