Sunday, April 26, 2015

50 Shades Performance workshop

 So this was my first attempt at a physical theater "performance workshop". It was super fun, people were always coming up with new ideas for their own and others' work. We did some big group pieces, (like this picture) then mostly duo and solo.
One of my favorite warm-ups is a laughing exercise I did in David MacMurray's Baby Clown class. It helps loosen up your diaphram and body for better access to personal improvization and impulse.
 We typically lay separately, but today, this spontaneously happened!
 Another group exercise I've enjoyed (in the Devising Intensive with Davis Robinson and Karen Montanaro) called "Amoeba".
 Sometimes you can give a group a word, and see where the shape goes, or to music, or with nothing. It's nice to have one group watch, or name/describe what they see or feel from the Amoeba groups shape.
 I have been fortunate enough to have enough interest in the class that the numbers work out great for the exercises I want to do (between the 3 classes I've taught, there have been a minimum of 8 - when a few people miss class - and 15!), and for folks in the class to have a good size audience to perform for. Here's an example of how breaks are takes... so close together! Cuuuute!
Eric, Dyana, Pheonix, Bootstrap, Thaddeus (hands).
This has been a wonderful opportunity, and huge learning experience for me. I look forward to continuing teaching in the near future! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment