Saturday, August 2, 2014

Anacortes Arts Festival

This year, the festival coordinated with Wren to produce a circus "Working Artists" portion of the festival. We were there for 5.5 hours showing people how to juggle, do rope tricks, etc. or just play with our toys, or ask us questions. We also performed 2 shows! It was a ton of fun.

Here's Wren, Vern, and Claire sharing their juggling skills, and hoping to entice folks to join in.
We quickly got to settin' up the aerial rig. Later on, Greg and Vern had kids harnessed in and flying from the thing!
I wanted to see how easily I could be hoisted in preparation for the flying pig act I hope to perform again someday, so here's me doing sweet hat tricks while playing on the rig.
 Here's Laura toying with me when I immediately dropped my hat.
Reason number 387 I think I should be dieting... Greg: "Come help us lift you!"
 The show was fun. It featured Wren, Greg, Myself, Chelsea, Laura, Vern, Esther, and Claire.
Even Jules cut out of his street show to be in one of our shows!
That weekend, Jules performed his street show 14 times! In the crazy heat and sun! What a trooper, and what a great event and weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment