Saturday, September 5, 2015

Ball and Bones 2015

Our third year at Ball and Bones. It's a "festival" on an art-filled property called "Bob Land". Wrens dad Robin lives there most of the year when he's not traveling to Mexico or other warmer places. This is a mural of Bob, where during a particular time during the party, you could talk to Bob (via a phone and speaker behind the large painting of him. Pretty awesomely hilarious.
During the festival, people perform a variety of interesting things, from different types of music, spoken art, poetry, shadow puppetry, puppet shows, etc. Wren and I performed our rope and juggling act, then Wren juggled to me reading a poem his dad wrote, and I did my Time Piece. There was yummy food and dessert (Wren filled his bowl three times!), cute kids, great music, and very enjoyable performances. It was all quite informal, and we all wore name tags that Robin made saying things like "My moniker is not ____", "You can call me anything but _____". It was a fun variation to the usual name-tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment