Monday, February 11, 2013

Clowning Around

I feel so lucky to have had an introduction to clown work.  It has been one of the most enlightening, trans-formative work I have ever done. It pushes, stretches, and squeezes me out of my comfort zone in ways that allow me to see and understand myself more deeply... for the good and the ugly.  My interest in this work is for performance professionalism, but mostly, for becoming a better person.  It has helped me understand myslef better, communicate more honestly, and share and listen more deeply.
 This is the cast of the (Eternal Debut of the) Poupon Parade, a group of clowns that I had the pleasure of working with in Canada in 2012.
 This is Islando and my act as Picante and Shiza'am to "Sweet Dreams" that we made immediately after our Baby Clown course with David McMurray Smith.
 This is the cast of the Banunky Fun Force (minus Mike Mathew), a show we put together to open for Le Serpent Rouge at the Wild Buffalo in 2011... lots of clown inspiration here (Chipps, Jules, Islando, Justincredible).
 The cast of the Super Hero Boy Band... all clowns who took David's Deep Clown class... one I hope to take in the future. (Aaron Malkin, Islando Bocock, Alaistar Knowles)
 The chair dance is an act I made in 2009 that I have been continuing to perform and tweak with help from clown work.
This is the group at the latest workshop I took called in Canada called, Presence, Play, and the Red Nose, a weekend workshop by Justine Williams of the Glass Contraption from NYC. It was great fun. She suggested her mentor Christopher Bays for more classes... I'f anyone's interested... =)

1 comment:

  1. You're such a talented lady, it's fun to recall all of your lovely acts when looking at these pictures :) I still remember watching you and Shannie do your Madonna act at Stringband Jamboree, and I was so in awe by how awesome you guys were (is that redundant?) that I decided then and there I'd have to worm my way into the circus community. You've always been such a huge role model, I'm glad we got to do an act together and I look forward to your future creations!

    ReplyDelete