Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Happy Little Farm Show

The Happy Little Farm is a place where once a year a most adorable couple and community come together for a short celebratory festival called  "Giver by the River". The couple happens to be one part of a family I was close to almost 20 years ago as a soccer player at Skagit Valley College. They are a delightful and welcoming family, and I wasn't surprised in the least that they were the ones behind this great event. This is my third year going, first as a participant where I got to see the Cody Rivers boys perform, Hooray!
Then Last year as part of the show (Wren and I performed our rope act) with these fine folks (so blurry!).
Then this year where I was scheduled to perform the chair dance and the Frank Wiley Trio juggling act with Wren and Justin, but due to my torn calf, I was a viewer instead. But here's a photo of the group in front of the truck with the New Klezmer Army playing in the background.
This is such a wholesome event, I definitely plan to keep it an annual tradition to attend no matter what shape I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment