Saturday, November 3, 2012

Proud Employee of the Colophon Cafe

So working at the Colophon is awesome... Great boss (Dave), awesome staff, flexibility of schedule, and extraordinary guests. I've been serving there on and off for the past 6+ years! Recently Dave has asked me to create some advertising material and graphics for the Colophon... so here's a few of them.
 Our Dessert and Ice Cream menu... it goes on the table with other small ads about us and our neighbors (Village Books).  No one was interested in being the model, so it ended up being me (just in case you can't tell with my notorious disguise)!
This ad was running every other week in the Weekly for a few months.
Here's one of my favorites of the table tent inserts!  I just love the little graphic buddies (can't remember where I found them)! Did some color adding/changing and touching up on their sharpness to make it work.
This one was for the 2012 Fall edition of the Chuckanut Reader!  And I must say, for all of it's spiciness, African peanut soup is really quite relaxing..
This was a special occasion gift certificate that two lucky contestants won in a raffle at the Banunky Fun Force Show last year!  This is evidence of an awesome and good-humored boss.
And finally, this is a draft of what the Colophon Cafe's new website will look like!  I designed it (with Dave's input and main vision) and Wren will build it!  It's quite whimsical, with wiggling moustaches and all!  It was super fun, I drew the spoon (inspired by the artist who made the graphic buddies above), and the moustache in photoshop and Wren made them come alive!  I definitely love working in photoshop, and thanks to Dave, I've done it as a paying job!  Hooray for that, and hooray for the Colophon!

No comments:

Post a Comment