Tuesday, August 28, 2012

So you wanna be a stripper...

OK, so the title might be misleading... this week Wren and I stripped a log for his ever-closer-to-being-done cobblestone castle, or stone mansion, or rubble ridge (the name is also still in the making). It was a beautiful quarry day and super fun do be completing projects, hooray!
Our other stripping project was this coat rack we named "Meathooks". Cut it, strip it, sand it, then screw it in place and tada! Meathooks for the clownpod! (Note: there was no actual meat used in said rack).
Other fun additions we've made for said homes is the ladder Wren built (then I helped on the rubber ends).
This weekend it was time to label my chairs (I bought a bunch so we could use them every month for Vaudevillingham!). It turned out to be another great project at the awesomely spacious quarry... Where else could I lay out 50 chairs for moustache spray-painting?
Yup, stripped off all the stickers and gum and random stuff on the underside and slapped on some golden 'staches! Added some red paint to make 'em pop... will add some black outline and my name once they're dry. I love summer for outdoor projects and strippin' down for a dip in the quarry!
What a beautiful place! (Photo by bootstrapjuicebox)

1 comment:

  1. Della I am so happy that you started this blog. This is great! I will be subscribed. I'm so excited to see what projects you have in store! Also, I am hoping this fall to start crafty lady nights (back?) up. I'm thinking either bi-weekly or monthly, to make it more special and make more ladies show up. We'll have to discuss it more.

    See you tonight!

    ReplyDelete